- WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small data files that are received in the terminal from the website visited and are used to record certain browsing interactions on a website, storing data that can be updated and retrieved. These files are stored on the user’s computer and contain anonymous data that is not harmful to your computer. They are used to remember the user’s preferences, such as the selected language, access data or personalization of the page.
Cookies can also be used to record anonymous information about how a visitor uses a site. For example, from which web page you have accessed, or if you have used an advertising “banner” to arrive.
Our sites may also have links from social networks (such as Facebook or Twitter). ROTARY CLUB VILASSAR-BURRIAC does not control the cookies used by these external websites. For more information about cookies from social networks or other external websites, we recommend reviewing their own cookie policies.
This website uses “cookies” in the following ways:
- Google ANALYTICS cookie: Google ANALYTICS is a free service offered by Google Inc. and that collects information about the web pages consulted, at what time, what Web browser, etc. Subsequently, this information is sent to the servers of Google Inc. in the United States.
- “Add-this” application cookies: Add-this is a free service that allows you to share pages of this website by different means (email, social networks, etc.). Add-his collects statistical information about your browsing to provide advertising tailored to your browsing habits on this website or elsewhere.
- WHAT USE DO WE GIVE TO THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF COOKIES?
According to its purpose:
- Technical cookies: Technical cookies are those that are essential and strictly necessary for the proper functioning of a web portal and the use of the different options and services it offers. For example, those used to maintain the session, manage response time, performance or validation of options, use security elements, share content with social networks, etc.
- Personalization cookies: These cookies allow the user to specify or customize some features of the general options of the website, for example, define the language, regional settings or browser type.
- Analytical cookies: Analytical cookies are those used by our web portal to create browsing profiles and be able to know the preferences of its users in order to improve the offer of products and services. For example, by means of an analytical cookie, the geographical areas of greatest interest to a user would be controlled, which is the most accepted product, etc.
- Advertising/advertising cookies: Advertising cookies allow the management of advertising spaces based on specific criteria. For example, the frequency of access, the content edited, etc. Advertising cookies allow, through advertising management, to store behavior information through the observation of habits, studying accesses and forming a profile of user preferences, to offer advertising related to the interests of your profile.
According to term:
- Session Cookies: Session cookies are those that last as long as the user is browsing the web page and are deleted at the end.
- Persistent cookies: These cookies are stored in the user’s terminal for a longer time, thus facilitating the control of the chosen preferences without having to repeat certain parameters each time the website is visited.
- WHAT IF I DON’T WANT TO HAVE THESE COOKIES OR I DON’T DO ANYTHING ABOUT THEM?
To comply with current legislation, we have to ask for your permission to manage cookies. If you decide not to authorize the treatment indicating non-compliance, we would only use technical cookies, since they are essential for browsing our website. In this case, no cookie is stored. In the case of continuing to browse our website without denying your authorization, it implies that you accept its use.
If you still decide to modify the configuration of your access to the website, you should know that it is possible to eliminate cookies or prevent this information from being recorded on your computer at any time by modifying the configuration parameters of your browser:
- Internet Explorer cookie settings.
- Firefox cookie settings.
- Google Chrome cookie settings.
- Safari cookie settings.
These browsers are subject to changes or modifications, so we cannot guarantee that they will fully comply with the version of your browser. It may also be that you use another browser not covered by these links such as Konqueror, Arora, Flock, etc. To avoid these mismatches, you can access them directly from your browser options, which is usually found in the Options menu, in the “Privacy” section. (Please consult your browser’s help for more information.)
- WHERE CAN I GET MORE INFORMATION?
You can find more information about cookies at:
www.allaboutcookies.org or www.youronlinechoices.eu.